One of the earliest proponents of FM programming was a jazz aficionado who named his station after its founder...himself. Sam R. Sague put WSRS-AM 1490 on the air on December 12, 1947. It was followed a week later by WSRS-FM at 95.3 and both stations shared call signs, studios/facilities, and staffs. Sague licensed the station and located its studios in Cleveland Heights, and along with its music programming billed itself as the "Community Information Voice of Cleveland". Sague stayed with his namesake station until 1959, when the stations changed owners, call letters, studios and facilities. WSRS-AM would eventually become WABQ, and WSRS would see a number of call letter and format changes before becoming 92.3 "The Fan."